Saturday, June 28, 2008

Crazy Sunday

Okay, I just had one of the most spontaneous afternoons ever!

My Sunday began like every other Sunday which was going to church. So after mass, my family decided to go over to an aunt's place all the way in PJ. I wasn't really in the mood to go all the way to PJ so I asked my dad to drop me at Sunway Pyramid and I will take a bus home from there. 1st spontaneous decision.

At Pyramid, I was thinking, "Hmm, it's a Sunday afternoon, and I've got nothing better to do so, why not catch a movie?" 2nd spontaneous decision. But when I checked all the shows were full so I decided to head home.

On the way home, the bus made a stop at Summit. So I thought to myself, "Hey, maybe I could catch a movie here instead!" And so I hopped off the bus and went to Summit. 3rd spontaneous decision.

So I headed to the cinema to check the show times. But sadly there weren't any suitable times. Which made this spontaneous decision pretty stupid. Anyways since there wasn't any suitable show times, I decided to get lunch somewhere. 4th spontaneous decision.

As I was looking for a place to eat, I spotted a DVD shop and for some unknown reason, I decided to go in. Spontaneous decision number 5. I browsed through the DVDs and found that there were quite a number that I wanted. And this happens to be very rare as I'm quite particular about the movies I watch. Mainly because I hate wasting 2 hours of my life on something that I won't enjoy. Well back to the topic, I decided to buy 1 to kill time this afternoon. But since they had that buy 5 free 1 offer I decided to choose 6 DVDs. 6th spontaneous decision.

So I was taking a little longer than an average person would to choose his DVDs. Good thing the seller was such a nice guy. He was willing to sacrifice his lunch break to wait for me to choose my DVDs. Isn't that sweet? Though I don't think he was too happy about it.

When I was done choosing, I headed to the counter to pay. But when I opened my wallet I was like, "Oh Shit!" Turns out that I only had RM10 with me! When the seller dude heard it he looked like he could rip my head off at that very moment! So to save my dear life I decided to buy 1 of the DVDs that I chose, and of all the DVDs I had to choose the stupidest movie, Euro Trip. 7th spontaneous decision.

I left the shop and the fuming seller feeling very apologetic and a little down because after spending RM8 on the DVD, that left me with RM2 which means no lunch for me. So I decided to head home. And this time for real! I wouldn't be able to survive with the RM2 that I had anyway.

I had to do a bit of running as the bus was about to leave when I reached the bus stop but that's really the least of my concerns. Met Sebastian in the bus. Had the privilege to tell him this story and get laughed at. Well I'm back home now feeling hungry, tired and so not in the mood for a movie. What a waste of a Sunday afternoon.

No comments: